Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default whats the difference between an AC Ignition coil and a DC one?

Gunner Asch wrote:

Im puttering around with the 1974 Honda XL 350...and the coil puts out a
weak spark...It may have something to do with the fact the lead wire to
the plug is only held on with the internal wire..the insulation is
broken around where its molded into the coil itself. I suppose I could
repair that with JB weld. The condenser is also molded as part of the
coil, and it may be bad, so I picked up a used condenser from a bike
yard and will splice it in.

JB makes 'waterweld' epoxy putty. I repaired my case for my Fluke 12 with it. It is
non-conductive.

Wes