Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Hot Tub Cover Full of Water

Norminn wrote:
trax wrote:

I have owned a hot tub for a few years and it has been my experience
that I am having to replace the hot tub cover because it gets full of
water and extremely heavy. Any suggestions on how to prevent this
from happening or on how to prolong the effect? It seems like we need
to replace the cover every 2 to 3 years.
Thanks!

I saw a tip for keeping water from collecting in a boat cover. Seems
like a simple solution - keep
and inflated beachball in the boat to support the cover. Got a
beachball in yer tub?

Not that kind of cover. Hot tubs usually have a slab-style cover made of
vinyl-covered foam, to keep the hot water hot longer, so you don't burn
up quite all the gas or electric heating from scratch every time you use
it.

--
aem sends...