Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default OT... I got HOSED

Smarty wrote:
"Loren" wrote in message

"Smarty" wrote in message
I've been using their coupons for several years, and have saved quite
a bit doing so. I have never been billed for any monthly charges
whatsoever. I am surprised that your experience is so very different
from mine. Many very fine restaurants in my area have been
participants for at least the last 3 years, so I would highly doubt
that your experience is at all typical. Are you certain they are the
ones who have started billing you?

Smarty

It's absolutely Restaurant.Com.

After reading articles from Google, the scam comes into play when they
send you an email survey. Hidden in the survey somewhere, is where
they say they will bill you $14.95 per month. I did fill out a survey
sent to me after about 3 weeks after I purchased the coupons. I did
not give out CC information in the survey, nor my name or address.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ls&btnG=Search

The billing is from : AP9*Shoppingessential.

Thanks Loren. I confirmed your experience at RipOff Reports and
apparently, exactly as you said, many people have also been hosed. The
survey is something I have not completed, which is why I apparently have
been spared from all the grief!

Thanks for the warning. I have forwarded to others I know who also use
their coupons.

Smarty

Interesting, thanks to both of you.

Lou