Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default removing sections of drywall (and putting them back)

On Nov 22, 6:13 pm, "Kevin" wrote:
I want to run some new circuits to my drywalled and insulated shop.

The panel (100A seperate from house with shutoff at the pole) is about 2
feet from the ceiling and the outlets are 20+ feet away and will be 4 feet
down from the ceiling. Walls, ceiling are all drywalled, taped, and mudded
and textured.

I have a pretty low slope roof so I don't think I can get over to the top
plate from the attic.

I was thinking to cut away a "bay" width of drywall so I can get access to
the top plate.

Any tips greatly appreciated. I'd really like to minimize the damage to
the drywall as it's professionally installed and textured.

Thanks,

What is the outside wall made of? If R panel. that would remove
painlessly.