Posted to alt.home.repair

Default restrictor for humidifier water feed?

On Nov 23, 8:16*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The advantage is that the media panel doesn't load up with minerals and
dissolved solids. Which would be left, after the water was evaporated into
humdity. I'd not want to try to improve on that design. The wasted water
isn't all that expensive.

It's not just the water, but also the heat loss that goes with it.
The furnace is warming up the water, which is then being thrown
away. Everyone agrees that some water flow through the media is
necessary to keep minerals from building up. The question is, should
it be a pint minute or a gallon, etc. With energy cost what they are
today, it seems to me if you can easily save even just a little, it
adds up and can be worth it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

I just turned on my humidifier for the winter... *noticed this last year
as well, a lot of the water goes right through the unit. *Is there a
commonly available valve or restrictor that I could splice into the feed
line for this so that I could adjust it so only the barest of trickles
comes out of the drain tube while the unit is operating? *Seems a shame
to waste all that water (that I have to pay for...)

thanks

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel