Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] harleyron@webtv.net is offline

Default Mythbusters stuff

Steamer inquired about running I.C. engines on acetylene gas and to this
I say: Google up "running I.C. engines on acetylene gas" 170,000 hits
including A link to A 1980 article on running A car engine on acetylene
gas from Mother Earth News.
Many years ago I had some correspondence with A fellow who owned a
company named Ace-Car-Go. He was experimenting with this subject and I
had A Site-Feed Acetylene Generator at the time and I was thinking about
converting A Dodge truck I had but than I figured it was
impractical in Minnesota since it's below freezing 8 months A year. (At
least it seems like it.)
Speaking of acetylene generators: I can give someone A real deal on
about A 100 pounds of carbide!

Good Luck!
H.R.