Posted to alt.home.repair
Liz Megerle Liz Megerle is offline

Default Lock Shop - Old Fashioned Customer Service

HeyBub wrote:

I get a kick out of the commercials for "The Club" and similar anti-theft
devices. A bolt-cutter on the steering wheel itself easily defeats the
gizmo. It's a bitch to go to the parking lot and find, instead of your car,
The Club lying on the pavement.

BTDTGTTS, early 80s
I'm at the police station making the report of my stolen car. The desk
sergeant asks "Are you sure it's been stolen?
I swing the club, attached to my steering wheel, up onto the desk.
He managed not to crack up, but a smile got through.
I did get my 50 bucks back from The Club.