Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser Samuel M. Goldwasser is offline

Default DVD audio problem on PC

Here's a strange one.

I have an AMD PC based on an Albatron KX18D Pro:
http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/p...fication&no=72

It works fine in every respect except for playing DVD movies.

And then, only for the audio. Video is always OK.

With an internal IDE DVD drive, the audio sometimes breakes up or
becomes noisy. The DVD drive is on the secondary IDE port along
with a CDROM drive.

With an external USB box with the same type of IDE DVD drive, the
video and audio are both fine.

I'm using Media Player Classic and the on-board sound.

Device manager shows no problems.

This must be something trivial like an interrupt conflict, right?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/