Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Basic Kitchen wall cupboards

BigWallop wrote:

Really? I built our carcasses out of Conti-Plas board from Bite and
Chew. Cost under a quarter of the price for any of the cheapest units
we looked at. Made all the units to standard sizes so we could
afford good timber for the doors. Just finished the new doors this
spring time, and have just ordered new soft close hinges for them
tonight, and the whole kitchen cost about half the total cost of the
PogenPol kitchen we copied. I mean. Wanted. :-)

Yerbut, it don't not work when you compare making your own to buying el
cheapo Wickes jobbies.

For a 1000mm wall unit you would need 2 x 2.4m boards, thats £14, then 2
packs of hinges @ £8, so you are up to £22 already without a back, 2 doors,
2 handles & the adjustable hanging brackets.

Makes sense compared to a Phoggenpohl, but not compared to a £34 complete
1000mm wall unit from Wickes.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk