Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lock Shop - Old Fashioned Customer Service

Thanks. That's a good picture. Right, those discus style padlocks often take
a blank that leaves the hardware guys confused. Heat may be needed, if some
water gets in, and freezes. They often have a drain hole to prevent that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Thanks for the advice. As it turns out, all 3 of the keys work just
fine. The shortest one seems to be the smoothest, but that might just
be a specific key thing and not due to the length. In any case, even
if I get a mix set, I know he'll have enough blanks for the dozen or
so I need.

The lock that was chosen is supposed to be weatherproof and has a
shrouded shank so you can't get a bolt cutter on it.

It's similiar to this:

http://www.wesecure.com/Merchant2/gr...us-padlock.jpg

Trust me, if I have to open the shed in the winter, I'll be sure to
bring my propane torch with me.