Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Electric Sockets

tvmo wrote:
Hello,

I seem to be having some problems in my house with the socket circuit.

1) A couple of the sockets will power a low voltage light but not a
hair dryer

What happens when you try to run the hair dryer?

2) Switching on the dish washer, which is on a separate ring to the
majority of the sockets in my house, causes frequency issues on my TV

You mean you get a noise pattern on the screen - say lines with bright
speckles on them?

3) The washer dryer frequently trips the electric.

Trips what exactly? The circuit breaker for the individual circuit, or
the RCD protecting a group of circuits or possibly even the whole house?

Before I call an electrician can someone give me some ideas of where
the problem could lie.

Bit more info required first. However these faults may well not be related.

--
Cheers,

John.