Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default How can I seal caulking cartridges?

I put a fairly large nail in the end, then wrap the tip of the tube and nail
with some fairly thick plastic, like a small piece of plastic drop cloth. I
use a twist tie to hold it on rather than a rubber band that might dry out
and fall off. I've been able to save a partial tube at least a year or so.
Beyond that I'd prefer to use fresh caulk rather than something that has
been opened that long and might have lost it's strength.

"Walter R." wrote in message
I often find myself with half a cartridge of expensive caulking material in
a cartridge. I am talking about the cartridge that has a movable bottom and
a spout and fits in a ratcheting dispenser.

I have tried sticking nails in the spout but, invariably, the darned
things dry out or congeal anyway.

Anyone have a workable solution to this problem? - Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net