Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Thermoplastic/Torch/Mop?

On Nov 22, 3:38*pm, BobK207 wrote:
On Nov 22, 3:01*pm, Michael Roback wrote:

I have a flat roof in So Calif. Several ponding areas, especially near
HVAC ductwork boxes. I am considering Torch, Mop and Thermoplastic/PVC.
What is the solution that is most impervious to ponding water? The ducts
are set2-3" off the roof so not enough room to rerooof without removing
them, and I do not want to go through this for a long time, or ever
again! Help if you can.

water is not supposed to pond on flat roofs..fix that problem or chase
it forever

my experience is with maint of a crappy flat roof section on a small
portion of a garage (about 100 sq ft)
all the roofers I spoken with suggested a re-framing to eliminate the
flat roof section or use torch down

cheers
Bob

forgot to mention, foor is in SoCal (OC)