Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie Tim Downie is offline

Default Electric Sockets

"tvmo" wrote in message
Hello,

I seem to be having some problems in my house with the socket circuit.

1) A couple of the sockets will power a low voltage light but not a
hair dryer

Are there any wall switches in the same room that turn these sockets on and
off? If so, they're probably meant for lighting only.

2) Switching on the dish washer, which is on a separate ring to the
majority of the sockets in my house, causes frequency issues on my TV

Frequency issues? Don't understand.

3) The washer dryer frequently trips the electric.

Have you got an RCD in the fusebox or do you mean that it trips the regular
circuit breaker? Not uncommon for heating elements in ovens and washing
machines to "leak" to earth causing RCDs to trip.

Tim