Posted to alt.home.repair
henrypenta henrypenta is offline

Default How can I seal caulking cartridges?

On Nov 21, 6:20*pm, "olddog" wrote:
"Walter R." wrote in message

...I often find myself with half a cartridge of expensive caulking material in
a cartridge. I am talking about the cartridge that has a movable bottom and
a spout and fits in a ratcheting dispenser.

I have tried sticking nails in the spout but, invariably, the darned
things dry out or congeal anyway.

Anyone have a workable solution to this problem? - Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

I take an old Phillips-head screw driver and stick them in mine. The only
problem is silicone caulk still gets old and can't be stored too long.

Olddog

try an electric wire connectors that electricians use to join wires
together, it works henry