Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dxsam@lions.net is offline

Default How can I seal caulking cartridges?

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:10:32 -0800, "Walter R."
wrote:

I often find myself with half a cartridge of expensive caulking material in
a cartridge. I am talking about the cartridge that has a movable bottom and
a spout and fits in a ratcheting dispenser.

I have tried sticking nails in the spout but, invariably, the darned things
dry out or congeal anyway.

Anyone have a workable solution to this problem? - Thanks

The best thing I have found is aluminum gutter nail.

Keep in mind that many caulk materials have a finite shelf life.
This is especially true on the silicone caulks.