Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice on new range

Shears used to, and probably still uses off spec parts. So if you want a set
of breaker points for a Sears Tecumseh engine, the ordinary Tecumseh points
won't work. I'm sure they do a lot of things like that to keep the parts
traffic coming back. But, not *MY* parts traffic.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Phisherman" wrote in message

There are some pluses with Sears. They guarantee most of the products
they sell, I found Sears has available parts online. Kenmore is not
high-end quality, but often above average. I have seen brand-quality
vary over time so what was good 10-20 years ago may still not be good.