Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Caesar Valenti Caesar Valenti is offline

Default Led light voltage

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Caesar Valenti wrote:

All you really need is a simple cheap resistor. Unfortunately I don't
know the current draw on this.... but assuming about 20ma, you will need
to drop 8 volts; so you will need a 300-500 ohm resistor. I would use a
resistor that can handle 1 or 2 watts.

For 20mA?

A resistor works fine for indicator LEDs but is pretty inefficient for
lighting ones. And when running off batteries this can matter.

Well, I never said this was going to be efficient...just simple. A
DC-DC converter would probably be more efficient, but based upon the
original post, I think that may be overkill. In any case, now they can
decide what is best.