Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] szilagyic@gmail.com is offline

Default JVC HR-S9800U shutting off, help!

Hello:

I have a JVC HR-S9800U that I bought used a couple years back. It's a
great machine and has been working great. I had it unplugged from the
power as I have only been using it occasionally. Just today it started
acting up where it will play a tape for 5-10 minutes, then simply just
shut off. When it shuts off, I noticed that all of the settings go
back to factory default when I power it back on. I have tried
unplugging the VCR from the outlet and let it sit for about 30
minutes, but it's still doing this. Has anybody else experienced this
and know of any other solutions? I really appreciate the help and
feedback!!

Thank you very much...

--
Chris