Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital to analog TV signal converter - which one?

Joerg wrote:

Gizmofiddler wrote:

The Insignia is OK (I have one - bought at Best Buy), but I believe the main
difference among the boxes is the TV programming guide options. The Insignia
shows only the next few hours of programming - other brands will show much
more in advance with alot more features. Try to view the boxes in action and
play with the menus before buying.

Menus are wrong a lot anyhow. The topper: I was looking forward to a
western and a different movie played. Some stupid thriller. The menu
still showed the western while (!) the wrong and totally unannounced
movie played. Not worth it IMHO.

That may have been the station's fault. Last minute program changes
have happend since the earlist use of a film chain. Sometimes their
automated system doesnt record the program. or the storage media fails.
They cant have an hour or more of no programming, so something the right
length is substituted. BTDT, and got the angry phone calls about it.

No pass thru? No big deal, I just switch connectors if I have to - is pretty
much irrelevant after Feb unless you have some sort of DVD - VCR setup that
requires it.

Unless you have small community broadcasters who are exempt from digital.

http://www.grimmy.com/comics.php Look at the 11/20/08 strip. ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.