Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_3_] Bill Noble[_3_] is offline

Default Mythbusters stuff

wrote in message
On Nov 21, 11:45 am, steamer wrote:
--Remember the time they tried to make an I.C. engine run on
gunpowder? A bunch of us were talking about this the other day and we
seemed
to have vague memories of this actually working once, maybe in the 1800s.
Anyone got a reference? Also looking for anything on engines running on
acetylene. Fear not! Not going to put one in my car; just thinking of the
pyrotechnic spinoff for a *very* remote location, heh.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Never thought I'd live to see
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : our "iron curtain" crumble...

speaking of gunpowder - I am told that one old farmer explained that he had
learned that the secret to a long life was to sprinkle a bit of gunpowder on
top of his eggs each morning - that it kept him energetic throughout the
day. It must have worked, when he died of old age, he was 104. He is
rememberd to this day for blasting a 10 foot hole in the side of the
crematorium.