Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default moisture barrier for laminate floor

Tom wrote:
I am in the process of planning to lay my first laminate floor. I
would like advice on lating a moisture barrier on top of my wood sub
floor prior to installing the laminate floor. I will be laying a
Pergo product with pad attached. I have read that you can lay plastic
sheeting down on the sub floor prior to installation. I would be
interested in your thoughts and suggestions.

It may not be necessary, but it can't hurt. I'd do it.

As an aside, make sure you have one of these laminate flooring clamps

No matter how much you cuss and beat on the planks with a rubber hammer,
there will be those that simply refuse to snap together. This device will
solve that problem.