Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default moisture barrier for laminate floor

"Tom" wrote in message
I am in the process of planning to lay my first laminate floor. I
would like advice on lating a moisture barrier on top of my wood sub
floor prior to installing the laminate floor. I will be laying a
Pergo product with pad attached. I have read that you can lay plastic
sheeting down on the sub floor prior to installation. I would be
interested in your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks.

Buy the poly stuff on a roll designed for flooring. You don't need it as a
moisture barrier over wood, but it will act as a buffer to avoid squeaks.