Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

E Z Peaces wrote in
:

Craig M wrote:
That pulse can pack a pretty good hit, want to try something, flash a
9 volt batt on the low voltage side of a doorbell transformer, and
feel what you get on the other side.
that pulse can back feed through the house wiring, and posiblilty zap
something else.
Thats all I was worried about.

I used to do that with a AA cell and a transformer made to energize
two conductors of a telephone cable to light a dial. Occasionally I
found an unsuspecting person to hold the plug.

I also used to enjoy putting my tongue on the terminals of a 9 volt
battery.

That was cool wasn't it! Did you also used to eat the paper paste in
kiddie school art class?

The doorbell might absorb some of the pulse, but not as well as a
resistive load. I agree that if you didn't get shocked pressing the
button, you might get shocked releasing it.