Posted to alt.home.repair
gary gary is offline

Default Gas line size for new high BTU BBQ???

I just bought a Vermont Castings VCS5007 http://www.myownbbq.com/content/prod...ils.cfm?id=353 that uses 62,500 BTUs with all 5 burners running. Another 15,000 when the side burner is on. I used it tonight for the 1st time and found that there was not much difference between the flame when the valves are on high or on low. I was wondering if this could be due to the gas pipe size. From the meter it is 1/2" and the run is about 30'. Do I need to go to 3/4" pipe? Thx Gary