Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

My personal favorite:

http://tinyurl.com/5zkoow

Now THAT's my kind of "doorbell"!

Deaf people on the 10th floor and all the ahem "residents" of the
nearby cemetery will take notice.

I had a friend who was having problems with
Bulgarians stealing the copper and aluminum
out of his small apartment complex. I took
a motion sensing floodlight and an Edwards
120 volt square fire horn which we installed
at the rear of the apartments. One night he
was awakened by the wonderfully loud obnoxious
sound of that horn accompanied by some equally
loud screams and cursing in the local Bulgarian
dialect. The next morning he found a lot of blood,
bits of dark flesh and torn black clothing on
the barbed wire fence. For some reason his losses
to the vandalizing thieves abated.

TDD