Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:17:04 -0500, KLS wrote:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:52:28 -0600, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

You could have saved yourself a lot of time, effort and money by simply
turning-off the transformer and removing the doorbell button. Let 'em
KNOCK.

Nice idea, but there are situations where that just won't suffice:
what about people who live up on the third floor of a big house, or
who are deaf and need lights to flash when someone rings?

I've disconnected my doorbell a long time ago. Some teens think it's
cute to ring doorbells at night. I like knockers, though--even better
with salt and pepper.