Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice on new range

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:35:25 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Sometimes, you favor or avoid a brand cause you don't like the company. If I
read a Consumer Reports, and Sears was the only A+++ rated range, I'd still
buy some other brand.

There are some pluses with Sears. They guarantee most of the products
they sell, I found Sears has available parts online. Kenmore is not
high-end quality, but often above average. I have seen brand-quality
vary over time so what was good 10-20 years ago may still not be good.