Posted to alt.home.repair
olddog olddog is offline

Default How can I seal caulking cartridges?

"Walter R." wrote in message
I often find myself with half a cartridge of expensive caulking material in
a cartridge. I am talking about the cartridge that has a movable bottom and
a spout and fits in a ratcheting dispenser.

I have tried sticking nails in the spout but, invariably, the darned
things dry out or congeal anyway.

Anyone have a workable solution to this problem? - Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

I take an old Phillips-head screw driver and stick them in mine. The only
problem is silicone caulk still gets old and can't be stored too long.

Olddog