Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default GE Range Schematics???

Pete C. wrote:

Ok, I had a minute to look on the GE Appliances site and from the
exploded diagram and the parts listing it doesn't appear there is a
schematic page/label included

The parts list can't be readily extracted from the site, but probably
75% of the parts are listed as "no longer available". I did download the
PDF of the exploded diagram and put it on my server where you can get it
without having to go through page after page on the GE site.

http://wpnet.us/GE_stove.pdf

Thanks for taking the trouble.

I hadn't got to the problem of determining yet which is the precise
problem so don't know if I'll have a parts availability problem or not.

Last time I looked at one of the online parts places, most common things
(including, to my surprise, the magnetron) were still available. I'll
have to check and see--maybe I'll order a supply of likely stuff it it's
now getting hard to get. The missus would hate to give this up -- she
likes the combination microwave/oven a lot and the kitchen is so small
taking up additional limited counter space or somewhere else to put in a
standalone microwave would _not_ be a good alternative. AFAIK, nobody
makes these any longer.

Again, thanks a lot for the trying; meanwhile I'll keep looking and probing.

I have the GE "range repair for idiots" book and it helps on most things
but the particular symptom is in the "call service" category once the
couple of things related that are addressed are ok.

Problem is starting self-cleaning cycle -- it doesn't. It may be
getting isolated to the timing circuits but I'd surely like a schematic
to be able to trace/see the actual interlock circuitry.

-dpb