Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor Peter Taylor is offline

Default A plumbing question

"Keefiedee" wrote in message
I want to add a compression fitting lever arm ball valve in a piece of
22mm pipe that as far as I can tell is unlikely to be able to be
sprung apart enough to get the valve into the space. Is there a
special plumber's trick or piece of equipment or whatever to deal with
this problem?

Keith

OK, it's easy. Cut out a few inches more pipe than the valve needs. Fit
the valve on one end and cut off a short piece of the piece of pipe to fill
the remaining gap, and make the joint with a 22mm end feed slip coupler like
this (although you can get it a lot cheaper in your local plumbers
merchants)
http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog...p_Coupler.html