Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tmurf.1@juno.com is offline

Default caulk removal

On Nov 21, 10:22*am, " wrote:
On Nov 21, 8:56*am, ken wrote:

we need to add new caulk to our shower floor, but the old caulk must
be removed first

What is the best way to do this?

I am in the same boat as you are. *I have silicon caulk along the
bathtub and would like to remove it. *I haven't started this task yet,
but some things that I saw that would help are a caulk removal tool
and 3M makes some caulk remover.

The caulk removal tool looks kind of like a small plastic scraper, but
the scraping part is in the shape of a 'v'. *The caulk remover from 3M
can be bought at Menards. *Here's a link for it...

http://www.3m.com/product/informatio...k-Remover.html

I haven't done anything yet, but it would be interesting to hear other
people's thoughts.

People who caulk a lot for a living use a razor blade scraper it has a
handle about 1 foot long and holds 3 or 4 inch blades. It kind of
looks like a wallpaper scraper. Electric caulk removers can be bought
but they are high priced and not really right for a bathroom job. Be
careful with any chemicals.