Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Snell Pete Snell is offline

Default Mythbusters stuff

steamer wrote:
--Remember the time they tried to make an I.C. engine run on
gunpowder? A bunch of us were talking about this the other day and we seemed
to have vague memories of this actually working once, maybe in the 1800s.
Anyone got a reference? Also looking for anything on engines running on
acetylene. Fear not! Not going to put one in my car; just thinking of the
pyrotechnic spinoff for a *very* remote location, heh.

I know there were a variety of tractors that used a 'shotgun' like
shell as a starting mechanism. Not sure how common it was.

Pete

--
Pete Snell
Department of Physics