Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Surface mount chip problem

F Murtz wrote in message
jamma-plusser wrote:
I have a board with a large QFP surface mount IC - something had been
smashed into a few pins of this IC, so bending them and causing them
to short against each other. Managed to straighten them all, except
for one which broke right against the main body of the chip.

Argh!

I can get just about get a connection to the infinitessimally small
pin stub using some very fine wire, but the connection is erratic to
say the least.

Have tried gently carving back some of the plastic around where the
pin stub enters the body of the chip to expose more to solder onto,
but no luck there really.

The pin spacing is pretty tight, so making things even more awkward.

Any tips please on how to salvage this?

Thanks

jaycar has some silver conductive paint in very small bottle
oops jaycar is australian maybee radio shack might have same thing

See new thread
title
TIP: Poor man's conductive epoxy

--