Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Fabricating Camera Optical Equipment Lens Adapters

On 2008-11-20, Wild_Bill wrote:
Thanks Dave, I have looked at that adapter page, but overlooked the specs
pdf.

The numerous C and CS lenses that I have don't seem to work with these
cameras, as if the back focal lengths aren't compatible with these SONY
XC-777 cameras.
These cameras don't have an integral mechanical adjustment for the CCD
device.

As I mentioned in another reply, the (C and CS mount) lenses I've tried will
only focus in the extreme close-up range of 1 to 2".

Maybe the problem is that I've tried them with the rear lens elements
positioned too close to the CCD, considering the appearance of the C mount
adapter.

If the elements are too close to the CCD, you will *never* be
able to focus.

Being only able to focus in extreme close-up range suggests that
the lens is too distant from the CCD.

Just for the fun of it -- stretch a sheet of Kleenex or similar
tissue paper across a frame, and hold the lens in front of it pointed
towards a window (during daytime). Move the lens forward and back until
you get a reasonably sharp image on the tissue. *That* is how far your
lens should be from the CCD.

If the lens you are trying to adapt have larger threads than the
camera does, you really won't be able to get anything other than close
focus.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564