Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Slightly OT

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:15:29 -0500, KLS wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:50:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I pass
between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They don't
even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly the same
every day (the islands are surrounded by a one trillion square mile heat
sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.
That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

My thought exactly!

Uh, how is that worse than staying inside with heating?
Last time I checked, most people in northern climates stayed inside
during the winter. Being outside in minus ten degree weather isn't much
better than being outside in 115 degree weather.

The hell it isn't. One can be perfectly comfortable in -10 weather with
proper cloathing. (I have a cashmere jacket that is very light and will
keep me warm down to about 15 degrees or so.) One can't be comfortable
in 115 degree weather even stark naked and dripping wet. And for a lot
of people that ain't a pretty picture. Anywhere that requires A/C to
keep you from dying of heatstroke isn't somewhere I want to live. (and
that actually includes my current residence, but I have this thing about
eating regularly, and there ain't no jobs where I grew up.)

nate

(unrepentant damnyankee)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.