Posted to alt.home.repair

Default humidity in the baseman... advise

On Nov 20, 3:25�pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"Botticeli" wrote in message

I live in Toronto, Canada. My home is 30 years old.
My basemant is basically dry, except for one corner (towards the
backyard). There is always a bit of humidity, specially when rains or
snow melting.

Watch on TV "Holmes on Homes" which often encounters
damp basements. � The usual answer is improved external
drainage. � In 30 years (a) original drains may have become
clogged or blocked, (b) demand for drainage may have
increased because of changing weather or building nearby.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

check external drains but then install a interior french drain, and
end the problem permanetely