Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Surface mount chip problem

(jamma-plusser) wrote in news:49248d7c.559184421
@news.zen.co.uk:

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:16:48 -0600, msg wrote:

Thanks all. I'm afraid that the leg in question carries a needed
signal so no chance of doing anything but repairing it.

I'm going to attack the chip with a dremel tomorrow and see if I can
very carefully expose enough of the leg stub to solder to. If I fail
then nothing lost as the chip is no good as it is anyhow.

I DID fix a surface mount chip that I broke a leg off of by using the
conductive paint I mentioned earlier.
After it cures it can be soldered to.

I replaced the chip later even though it was still working, not trusting it
to be reliable.

Good luck to you.

--
bz