Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Wire brush in the WRONG hands!

Larry Jaques wrote:

Can someone here point me to a good multi-lingual "How to treat
well-seasoned Cast Iron Cookware" treatise in Spanish?

You could write up your treatise in English and translate it poorly
through free services like Babelfish.com, but I can sum it up for you
in 4 words to say to her: NO CHINGANDO CON ESTO!

(Don't be f*cking with this!)

In 1977 while on mess duty at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan, I wanted to communicate to the JN's
(Japanese Nationals) that I wanted their mops in only a certain rack. Some mops were used
to clean the ovens so this mattered.

So I bought a bilingual dictionary and did a word for word translation and wrote it on
cardboard. Oh yeah, I did it in that funny looking kanji, hiragana and katakana. Don't
ask me which was which.

Now you and I know that word for word isn't likely going to work. I speak poço Spanish. I
know how this works.

Now these JN's were smart enough to get the jist of what I was trying to say. One lady
tried to tell me I made a proposition to her (grinning) but they all did what I wanted
them to do while I was there and responsible for the area. I think at first they were
amused by my effort and then they felt like I showed respect which was my intent.

Give it an effort, it is worth it, shows that you want what you are asking and are willing
to put in effort to get the desire across.

Wes