Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Copper prices

In article ,
Kevin Poole writes:
How much would one get scrapping a copper hot water cylinder?

£15-£20 perhaps? Less if you go to one of the rag-and-bone man types of
yard.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks back, a builder I was talking
with said scrap yard won't pay him anything for a copper hot
water now (or two weeks ago). Aparently there's a backlog of
copper in the chain and suddenly no demand for it. They would
only pay for clean copper. They would still take the rest, but
wouldn't pay anything for it.

--
Andrew Gabriel