Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default B&Q Cavity Wall Insulation £198

"Phil L" wrote in message
news
Muddymike wrote:
"john jardine" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote in message
news Does anyone know exactly what types of wall construction can have
cavity wall insulation?

Believe me, you definately _do not_ want CWI installing on this type of
house, unless you enjoy having several types of fungus and mushroom
growing out of all your walls, wallpaper and plaster falling off in
sheets, and a permenant smell of rotting wood in your house - joist ends,
skirting boards, door frames etc, both upstairs and down...believe me,
I've seen it, I've also seen a full housing estate (in Scotland, late
80's) get taken down block by block, cavity cleaned and rebuilt at a cost
of millions, so it's with good reason why they won't install it

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Thanks Phil, that was a good explanation. If the surveyor had explained it
as well as that I would have been a lot happier.

Mike