Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rodjava rodjava is offline

Default I need plans for a lathe bit grinding jig like this? Can a HomeShop Machinist help me out?

On Nov 12, 3:50*pm, "Wild_Bill" wrote:
Here is an example of a tool holder for grinding lathe cutting tools, which
is a fabricated deep broach in a section of round stock, clamped in a
rectangular block which allows for any desired angle setting

*http://www.kwagmire.com/tools/broach_tool.html

WB
metalworking projectswww.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"rodjava" wrote in message

I want to build a lathe bit grinding jig like this one shown at ebay.
So I'm looking for some Home shop machinist plans that I can follow.
I've spent some time googling but could not find anything similar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/South-Bend-Lathe-tool-cutter-bit-grinding-block_W...66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Thank you in advance
Rod
San Francisco- Hide quoted text -

Thank you all that responded to my question.
My use of a 5c collet block and square collet is working out
perfectly!
I hope to post a picture of it in use in the near future.

Rod