Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Wire brush in the WRONG hands!

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message

snip

It WAS better than Teflon, oh well, another 50 years and it'll be as
good as
it was.

Well, the short-term solution comes in two parts:

First, coat the pan with peanut oil, heat until it smokes, allow to
cool, wipe old oil off. (I find peanut oil to be best because it cures
like paint.) Repeat a few times. Blackening sausages in lard also
works.

Second, shellac the nephew.

Joe Gwinn

before using peanut oil, check that no one near by, and no one in the
family has a peanut alergy - the vapor from the oil can cause sever
symptoms (like heart arrest) in sensitive folks - even a person with
"mild" peanut alergy would probably be unable to breathe. If you can use
any other oil, you are at a lot less risk - personally, I'd use butter,
lard, or olive oil.

What a great idea for a new terror weapon! A peanut oil vapor bomb!