Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default AR15 evaluation

Gunner wrote in
:

Absolutely correct. And given that the Center of Mass is a large
verticle zone, Point Blank range is a pretty good distance, where you
dont have to hold over..you simply need to be able to place a round in
that area.
Hold at the top of the COM, and for quite a number of yards going
farther and farther away, a round fired will go into that verticle
area.

Which is why I keep my '06 zeroed at 350 yards - with my normal loads that
provides me with no more than a 3" vertical variance (plus or minus) out to
about 450 yards.

After that, the drop accellerates and the kinetic energy diminishes rather
rapidly.