Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Poole[_6_] Kevin Poole[_6_] is offline

Default Copper prices

Slider wrote:
Is the price of copper still high at the moment.

No

According to

http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/me...rchive2008.jsp

braziery copper (i.e. copper pipe etc with brass fittings on it) is down
from £2900/tonne to £1200

A friend is having his
conventional CH / DHW system changed to a condensing combi. I told him not
to let the plumber take the copper hot water cylinder,

What did the contract say about scrap materials?

but to either scrap
it or put it on ebay.

I'd be surprised if many people are buying secondhand indirect
cylinders, given the number of people converting to combis.

How much would one get scrapping a copper hot water cylinder?

£15-£20 perhaps? Less if you go to one of the rag-and-bone man types of
yard.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****