Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Chan Jay Chan is offline

Default MultiMaster Clone in Harbor Freight, Any Good?

I find out from the review in the following URL that Bosch and Dremel
have the same parent company:

http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/cat_power_tools.php

I guess Bosch is not going to bring their corded version to US to
compete with the corded version from Dremel. This means Bosch will
likely only sell their cordless version in US. This is VERY
disapponting to me in many ways: According to the review, the battery
in the Bosch cordless version cannot last very long between charges,
and I intend to use it for hours in one setting; the Dremel version
may not be very durable. And the Bosch cordless and Dremel corded
versions both don't have dust collection feature. I have decided not
to wait for the Bosch corded version; it will not come.

Seem like the corded version from Rockwell called Sonicrafter (one
'c') is a winner. Their most expensive model ($180) comes with dust
collection feature that I am looking for, and it also comes with all
kinds of accessories. The price of their accessories is not too bad.
And the tool itself seems like quite durable. But I will not buy
right now. I will wait a while to hear more from other people
experience on this tool. I will not need to use it until the weather
becomes warm when I can resume working on my boat. Therefore, there
is no rush.

As for the Harbor Freight model, I guess it probably will work fine if
it is not being used for an extended period. But I am going to use
that tool for hours in one setting. I doubt that it can last that
long. Despite the fact that it will cost very little ($40 on Black
Friday), I think I will pass on this one.

Jay Chan

On Nov 15, 8:59*pm, Jay Chan wrote:
I will go to Lowes to take a look of the Dremel version.

The price that you quote for a basic Fein MultiMaster kit sounds
reasonable. *But their accessories are going to be very expensive.
Can I buy off brand accessories to use with the Fein MultiMaster.

I am still waiting for the corded version from Bosch that has built-in
dust collection feature. *But if they don't sell it in US by next
spring, I will have to look elsewhere.

Jay Chan

On Nov 15, 3:03*am, "cm" wrote:

I saw the Dremel version at Lowe's. It looked like a toy compared to the
real deal. You can buy the basic Fein MM kit for $165.00 . I would pony up
the extra $65.00 before I would buy the Dremel. I'm looking forward to a
review on the HF unit.

We use a real MM in our home repair business and its fantastic.

cm"Jay Chan" wrote in message

I have found a MultiMaster clone in Harbor Freight catalog. *It is
also shown in this URL:

I am looking for something like this to work in my boat and around my
house. *But I am not sure if this model is any good. *Does any one try
it before?

I am also waiting for the MultiMaster clone from Bosch because the
corded model from Bosch has dust collection feature built-in. *The
model from Harbor Freight doesn't have any dust collection feature.
But the corded model from Bosch is not available in US (only in
Europe). *Moreover, I figure I can live with not having the dust
collection built-in the tool if the price is so low.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Jay Chan- Hide quoted text -