Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_3_] Bill Noble[_3_] is offline

Default Automobile Total loss and salvage title.

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message
RogerN wrote:
I think I'm going to ask the insurance company to buy me an equivalent
car for $3000 since they think it can be replaced for that and I can't
find a 2001 Prizm or Corolla (in excellent condition minus dirty) for
that price range.

RogerN

My daughter just went through that with a California insurance company.
She settled for cash
and she kept the car. The damage was hardly noticeable but expensive to
repair. She still drives that auto.

Bill K7NOMbo

as Bill says, above, you can buy the title back from the insurance company
or make other arrangements - of course IL law is different but I've done
that successfully before - they don't have to total it, they can pay you
less than "full" value, and you keep the car - maybe they are playing with
you, maybe they are telling you the way it is - but at least try asking
"what will you give me to close the claim off if I keep the car" -