Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Real (Wo)Mans 20" planer, 9.8HP Diesel (w/pics)

"Bob Haar" wrote

On 11/19/08 6:29 PMNov 19, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

We did some testing on the planer yesterday and everyone in the shop who
watched had a big grin on their face. Just for fun, we took a 1/4" off on
one pass, not a whimper from the planer.

Wow! I particularly like the "steering" wheel. It looks like it could be
self-propelled. Why bother bringing the lumber to the mill when you can
take
the mill to the forest?

There ya go.

With a little design work on an innovative cart for this thing, it could
become a self propelled planer!