Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck[_10_] Chuck[_10_] is offline

Default Converting B-vent to Vent Free?

I have had a Regency, B-vent, freestanding fireplace with gas logs running
on city propane for 12 years and now want to convert it to a ventless/vent
free log set. The problem with ordering new vent-free gas logs is that my
existing firebox is so darn small, in size like 21"W x 10"D x 9"H. Other
than the obvious difference in venting, and the inclusion of an oxygen
depletion sensor (ODS), what else is different about the log sets? burners?
I guess my question is this, can I just add an ODS type pilot system to my
current gas logs or do I need to buy a different set of logs that will fit?

Chuck