Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_9_] nospam[_9_] is offline

Default B&K Power Amplifier - Fluctuating DC Offset

Tonic wrote:
Hi, I have a B&K EX4420 power amplifier with balanced and non-balanced
inputs. I tryed to get rid of the DC offset, each channel has a pot
for correction but it keeps fluctuating. When the amplifier starts I
have around 200mV then after warming up it's fluctuating between -10mV
and 70mV. I changed all the electrolitics inside the amp with no luck.
The amp has 5 pairs of mosfets on each channel, dual mono.

With no source and no loudspeakers connected to the amp I get
fluctuating DC offset when it's switched to the non-balanced inputs.
If I switch to balanced inputs I get 0mV but when I connect a source
it's fluctuating too.
Anyone has a clue about this? or schematics?

Thanks

Guess is that one of the parallel MOSFETS is open circuit or you have a
few dud caps.

You are setting the offset with a load on ?

for example, HH amps hunt up/down if the quiescent current is set
without a load on.